Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Foot fabulousness

I want these Balenciaga sandals soooo much!!

 

They are on the feet of Stephanie from Anywho. I can't find them anywhere on the Web, which is probably a good thing because I'm sure they would cost more than I should be spending on sandals.. no matter how pretty they are. *sigh*



In other news, I have been cooking and freezing like a mad woman this week in preparation for my return to work next week. It's been three years since I had to work for more than a day a week outside of my house, so I am thinking that I am going to have to discover some time saving strategies if I want to feed the children, make sure they leave the house with all of the paraphernalia they need for school every day, and generally keep my life in some sort of order.

I made a double batch of Donna Hay's blueberry muffins this morning because they are so easy to slip into the school lunch box for everyone, they are delicious, and because they have berries in them I overlook the sugar and oil content and fool myself they are healthy :) This time I have some almost squashy raspberries sitting in the back of the fridge so I added them as well for a bit of colour pop. It makes me feel happy to have eight of these little beauties sitting in the freezer.



Too-Easy Blueberry Muffins
by Donna Hay

Serves 12
Ingredients2½ cups (375g) self-raising flour,
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup (220g) caster (superfine) sugar
½ cup (125ml) vegetable oil
1 egg
½ cup (125ml) milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
300g fresh or frozen blueberries
granulated sugar, for sprinkling

MethodPreheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the flour, baking powder and sugar in a bowl. Place the oil, egg, milk and vanilla in a separate bowl and whisk to combine. Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Add the blueberries and mix to combine. Spoon mixture into a muffin tin lined with paper patty cases. Sprinkle the tops with sugar and bake for 30–35 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Remove from tin and cool on a wire rack.

Pop these into the lunch box (or briefcase) of someone you love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't keep it to yourself - share your thoughts!